Tuesday 29 June 2010

Test


Welcome!


This summer I plan a "walk" through Europe, considering that we have a new car now. Probably we should've started with a tour of Romania, but, as usual, what's close we leave for "some other time" (some other time = ->oo).
Due to the lack of time, the "walk" will only include a part of Europe: Germany - the Netherlands - Belgium - Luxembourg - France - Switzerland - going speedy through Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Austria. We hope to visit the last countries in weekends or in one-week holidays, because they are closer to us (max. 1 day driving) and more accessible. Maybe some other time we will do the South also, for the moment we only consider the "by plane" version for it. We'll see, depends on how much we will like it this time.

Furthermore, if we want to go on such a long trip (about 5200km at a first glance), I thought about joining the trend, meaning: to keep a blog. I was against this idea (maybe i'm too conservative), but in this case, I think this blog will be useful both for me and for my family/friends.

In fact, what do I want this blog to be? I will have my notebook with me, so every evening, before going to sleep, I would like to write the daily history, thoughts, opinions and to put some representative photos. In this way, we will have and you will have our feelings, thoughts, impressions on the fly, as they are being created. You will be able to see almost in real time what we are doing, where we are, how we feel, what problems we come across and how we are following the schedule. On the other hand, we will be able to relive our memories easier, to compare what we remember after some years with what we felt when we lived the events. I would like to make an English version for my friends that don't understand Eminescu's language (biggest Romanian poet), but I have to understand first how does this thing function, technically (l.e. i've found something, although i'm not yet completely satisfied with the result), and then i'll perform the optimizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment